Disabled Access & Accessible Information Standards
The practice is suitable for disabled access.
Accessible Information Standards
To help those patients that have difficulty accessing information about their care in the standard ways. We aim to help by:
- Asking patients if they have any information or communication needs and find out how to meet their needs where practical
- Recording those needs in a set way
- Highlighting a person’s file so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and clearly explain how those needs should be met
- Sharing information about a person’s needs with other NHS and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so
- Making sure that people get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it
Please ask Reception if you need an accessible information standard sheet to complete. This will then be updated in your records. We also have large print registration forms available. (see links below)
To convert one of our documents into audio or braille format please click here and follow the steps: http://robobraille.org/
There is also a specific priority email address - Cholmleygardens.email@example.com For any hearing impaired patients which will be monitored regularly for requests for appointments and queries.
Help with accessibility -
You can read this guide from AbilityNet on how to adjust your computer and browser according to your needs, such as for sight or hearing problems. It covers how to make the text larger in different browsers, change your keyboard or mouse settings, or increase colour contrast.
AbilityNet is a national charity that helps disabled adults and children to use computers and the internet.
You may find some of these websites useful.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.